Leehurst Swan is an independent day school. Originally a girls school founded in 1914 under the name of Leehurst and taken over in 1953 by the Sisters of La Retraite. In 1996 it was joined by the Swan School for boys, a Prep School for boys aged 4-11 founded by Miss Swanton in 1933. The School was established as an Independent Charitable Trust in 1988.
The school occupies a six acre site. The main building, built as a family house, dates from the late 19th century, and there have been additions built at various times up to the present day. September 2010 saw the completion of the latest building project – the ‘Walker Hall’, a multi-purpose performance hal also providing new classrooms for the Music Department and outstanding facilities for Performing Arts. The school also has a pavilion and playing fields in The Close.
We strive to create an atmosphere where pupils can both learn and enjoy themselves. At Leehurst Swan children are encouraged to develop their different talents and to grow in confidence in every aspect of school life.
Great importance is attached to a well rounded education and the provision of a wide curriculum to include art, drama, music, participation in foreign exchanges, activity holidays and theatre trips and sport.Please come and meet our staff and children we wish to be judged by our pupils and their achievements.